I. Statutes & Bylaws TSGS
The Tian-Shan Geological Society was established in accordance with the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic “On Non-Profit Organizations and other normative legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic.
– The society is a voluntary, creative, self-governing public association of citizens, united on the basis of their common interests for the realization of spiritual, social needs and the protection of their rights and interests, for which profit making is not the main goal of the activity.
– The society is intended to unite scientists, engineers, technicians, specialists in the field of earth sciences and related fields, engaged in geological study of the subsoil, as well as teachers and students of higher and secondary educational institutions of geology, specialists from other industries, whose professional and creative interests are connected with development of domestic geology.
– The society has, in accordance with the current legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic, economic independence in the implementation of its activities, is the owner and independently disposes of the property belonging to him, as well as monetary funds, acquired or received as a result of his activities.
– The society spreads its activities in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic and abroad.
II. GOALS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE SOCIETY
Objectives of the Society:
– to unite scientists and engineers to build up their intellectual potential in the field of scientific and engineering activities in the field of earth sciences and related sciences, and to help accelerate scientific and technological progress;
– all-round assistance in the development and improvement of geological science, the methodological base, the study and use of mineral resources, the increase of mineral resources, their protection and reproduction based on the achievements of science and technology, the development of the national geological school;
– promoting the development of scientific and technical creativity among young professionals and scientists, creating the most favorable conditions for the creative work of members of the association;
– professional consolidation of scientists and specialists working in the field of geology and related industries, increasing the prestige of professions related to the geological study and use of mineral resources, protection of the geological environment;
– representation of legal interests, assistance in protection of civil, social, copyright and related rights of members of the Society;
– promotion of international cooperation in the field of geology and related sciences, the development of relations with the scientific and engineering-technical community of foreign countries, the integration of Kyrgyz geologists into the world scientific community.
– society, promotes the unification of like-minded researchers in the field of earth sciences.
Tasks of the Society:
– development of scientific and applied research in the field of earth sciences, promoting the popularization of geological sciences.
– participation in the formation and implementation of a unified scientific and technical policy in the industry, in the selection and economic justification of promising ideas and proposals, new technologies, methods, “know-how”, the implementation of research and development results into practice;
– organization and conduct of scientific, applied research, design development, engineering and geological surveys, identification of priority areas for the development of scientific and technological progress in the field of geology;
– conducting an independent public scientific and techno-economic examination of geology development programs, research programs, developments, inventions and discoveries;
– assistance in raising the level of education in higher and secondary schools with a sectoral focus due to the introduction of advanced methods and technologies for organizing the educational process, improving the qualifications of teachers, and participating in the creation of a modern material base of educational institutions;
– assistance to the advanced training of scientific and engineering personnel engaged in the geological industry and related industries, the organization of advanced training courses, scientific and practical seminars, schools of excellence;
– participation, organization and holding in Kyrgyzstan and abroad of exhibitions, scientific and scientific and technical meetings, conferences, symposia, seminars, with the aim of making scientific and technical solutions, sharing experiences and popularizing best practices for geological exploration, scientific and technical achievements, accelerating putting them into practice, including with the participation of foreign experts;
– The Society sends its members, researchers and practitioners, students and post-graduate students of industrial schools for training, internships, research activities and the exchange of experience in foreign enterprises and companies, in higher education and research institutions, in Kyrgyzstan accepts scientists and specialists working or studying on the subject of the Company;
– promotes and supports the activities of research institutes and research centers of geological profile, attracts their research teams to perform research projects on a contract basis;
– conducts scientific and technical competitions, reviews at various levels in order to find and support the most effective ideas, technical solutions, the latest technologies;
– provides comprehensive assistance to enterprises and organizations in the industry in the development of effective forms and methods of management;
– carries out publishing activities, participates in the development and implementation of the program for the preparation and publication of industry scientific and technical journals, collections, monographs, encyclopedic and popular science publications, creates and constantly replenishes the Society’s library fund;
– carries out consulting, information, marketing activities, creates a database in the areas of the Society’s activities.
III. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE SOCIETY
– To implement its goals and objectives in accordance with the current legislation in the prescribed manner, the Society has the right to:
– to take initiatives on various issues affecting the statutory activities, to make proposals to state and local authorities;
– to participate in determining the priority directions of development of domestic geology;
– to participate in the discussion of decisions on the subject of the Society in the manner and amount stipulated by the current legislation;
– to carry out operational coordination of multi-purpose developments on the subject of the Society;
– to carry out scientific relations with the National Academy of Sciences, national academies of sciences of other states, branch academies, domestic and foreign scientific and scientific-technical societies, other scientific organizations, production associations, higher and secondary specialized educational institutions and creative unions;
– establish business contacts, cooperate in the field of science, technology, new technologies, economics, finance, education, entrepreneurship, social security, with all interested legal entities and individuals, including foreign ones;
– independently develop and approve plans and programs for their activities, determine the direction and amount of spending money and property;
– invest own and borrowed funds in the development of geology of Kyrgyzstan;
– to participate in the implementation of international, domestic projects and programs in the activities of domestic and foreign organizations that are close in their goals and objectives;
– to represent and defend their rights, to promote the protection of the legitimate interests of their members and other citizens upon their request, veterans of the geological industry in government bodies and local governments, public associations;
– to initiate the creation of other public associations, to be the founder of non-profit organizations;
– to establish mass media, carry out publishing and advertising activities;
– to hold meetings, seminars, conferences, symposia, meetings on issues of statutory activities, as well as send its representatives to participate in similar events in other regions of Kyrgyzstan and abroad;